Event Description 312
17th RUN AGAINST DRUG ABUSE & Thematic Events in the occasion of International Day against Drug Abuse - Mass Awareness Event.A joint collaboration with National Institute of Social Defense NISD - Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment GOI, Narcotics Control Bureau NCB - Ministry of Home affairs GOI,Directorate of Prohibition - Govt of Delhi & Event Partners PSUs & Educational Institutes.
Event Date : 26 June 2019
Venue :- New Delhi
Theme : Listen First - Listening to children & youth is the first step to help them grow healthy & safe.
Mass Event Organized by :- Health Fitness Trust
Run against Drug Abuse :- 26 June 2019
- 5:30 AM Reporting of the confirmed participants at the venue
- 6:00 AM Assembly of participants at Starting Point; Aerobics/Jumba;
- 6:30 AM 5 KM Timing Chip Competitive Run for Registered Runners
- 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM Expo on the Theme, Thematic show, Reporting of Thematic Poster Competition Categories: Up to class VI; Class VII to XI; & Class X to XII
- 8:00 AM Arrival of the Ministers/Dignitaries; Pledge & Memento presentation & Band Display
- 8:10 AM 1Km Mass RUN & Walkathon Flag Off By the Ministers/Dignitaries(Skaters, School Children, Colleges, Para Military Forces, NGOs with Message/Slogan flags & placards).
- 8:15 AM Symbolic Walk lead by the Ministers & the dignitaries of the Event Partners with ITBP, BSF, CRPF & SSB Band marching followed by Refresment.
- 8:20 AM Demo Cultural Show; Refreshment & Certificate distribution.
- 8:45 AM Prizes & Awards of Appreciation to the organizations for best support & the maximum number of participation team’s Awards.
Background & Glimpse of the mass event:-
The Mass Event “Run against Drug Abuse” initiative is being taken since 2003 by Health Fitness Trust under the leadership of Drug Abuse prevention Campaigner Dr Sunita Godara in collaboration with Directorate of Prohibition, Govt of Delhi along with the other stakeholders in this field. For past 16 years the Mass event is held successfully under the aegis of NISD Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Narcotics Control Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs, GOI, UN Agencies and other corporate partners like ONGC, AAI, IGL, NTPC, Petronet, NDMC, ITS, IOC, LPU have supported the event all these years. This year we have another new partner with us “Foundation for a Drug-Free World”.
Theme: Listen First -
Listening to children & youth is the first step to help them grow healthy & safe. The event has proved to be of great value for awareness on drug abuse all over India and has attracted attention because of its all India reach. Marking the World Drug Day on 26 June 2019, various events are organized by UNODC field offices, civil society organizations, Governments, and individuals to raise awareness about drugs. 'Listen First' is chosen as an initiative theme now to increase support for prevention of drug use that is based on science and is thus an effective investment in the well-being of children and youth, their families and their communities. Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them to grow healthy and safe.
This is the 17th year in a row for the Mass Run against Drug Abuse on 26 June to mark the Int’l Day against Drug Abuse & illicit Trafficking.
Features of the Race in the Event:-
5 KM Timing Chip Race : "Run against Drug Abuse - Individual participants only on line registration, Entry fee- Rs. 500/-
Teams (more than 10 Runners) will get 20% discount.
Runners Package - Dryfit Race T shirt, Time Certificate, Refreshment & prize Gift with attractive Trophies for Top 3 winners in 4 Categories
1.School Boys & Girls (all under 18 years)
2.Open Men & Women( 18+ year)
3.Master 40+ Men & Women
4.50+ Men & Women
7:00 AM to 9:00 AM -
The Team Participation more than 100 Runners (Free Registration only on invitation by the organizers) -1km Mass Run, Walkathon, Thematic Poster making & Thematic Show – All the participants will get Race T shirt, Refreshment & Certificate.